It is important to remember that a granted patent lasts for at least 20 years from filing and gives the owner the right to stop 3rd parties from infringing.
Patents are therefore an essential asset for any organisation. They could protect valuable assets in the form of a new product or process, or an improvement to an existing product or process.
An added value of a patent is its ability to deter 3rd parties, causing them to avoid technologies which are under patent protection either before or after grant of the particular patent. Please contact us for more detailed discussion on the value of patents.
Our patent attorneys will assist you with at least the following:
- Devise a long-term global IP strategy by assessing the patentability of your inventions and recommending ways to extend your exclusivity;
- Draft and prosecute patent applications directed to complex and/or pioneering technical subject matter inventions;
- Identify any IP barriers to developing and commercialising your technology, by sourcing patent searches and providing a considered legal IP opinion on what risks may exist, and what mitigating actions may be taken;
- Help you make considered decisions at each step of the IP and company valuation process by providing pragmatic and commercially relevant advice; and
- Keep you informed of the status of your portfolio through regular communication and meetings to discuss how best to exploit your portfolio.